How does one open up a new blog? It isn't like an open house, where you just post signs around the neighborhood, directing the way to a piece of sometimes over-priced real estate. I considered a drawing. I could give away yarn. The problem: Why attract readers when I don't know how consistent my posts will be? Or if my posts will have any relevance. If I can reach, oh, say, 50 posts with the regularity of a high-fiber diet, then I will for sure throw someone some yarn-y love.
As previously stated in the old blog, this is the Year of Michelle. It simply means that I do things that will make me a smarter, stronger, healthier version of myself, and that better things will come to me and those around me. Unfortunately, this month is clouded in shrapnel from the blast known as 2008. One of my dearest friends lost her mother a few weeks ago, and another dear friend lost his father recently. After all of the deaths in my family last year, including my mom's, it's about time for things to start perking up.
So, here's to a new year, complete with new experiences and new people, and lots of yarn, music, movies, and creme brulee.
3 comments:
Oh, I am poppin' the comment! YAY me, I am first. And I have already added your blog to my bloglish, so it will pop up every time your post. Nice place!
B
dooood...cool new digs
You'll attract readers because from what I see so far, you're thoughtful & humorous (which I envy incredibly). And besides, that's what rss feeders are for - have you ever seen the number of subscribers that Eunny still has? Um, that includes me, because, you know, just in case.
Here's to an 09 full of great things.
Post a Comment