Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What Are Ya Gonna Do? *shrugs*

Over a year ago, I went on a password-changing spree. It's a good idea to change passwords on various accounts every now and then, since we live in a world of some serious whackadoodles who have no issue with sucking the fun out of all things online. Anyhoo, this created issues with accessing my blog. Every time I've wanted to post, I have had to change my password. It's a pain in the nethers. My solution? Kick the dirt, pout, then move on.

I'm sitting with my breakfast sandwich (1/4 cup egg whites, an egg, garlic, green onion, a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss, on two slices of Double-Fiber bread). As I took the first bite, I thought about some of my strange habits. For example, I cut my sandwiches into triangles (rectangles have been known to disturb me*) and eat the piece with the rounded top first. Why? Because I favor the half with three points so I save it for last.

When I go to the bookstore, I always troll in the same order: periodicals, exercise and makeup books, knitting and sewing books, reference, graphic novels, kids' books (if I have kiddos with me), then novels. If I'm purchasing, I do so in the cafe where I order a soy latte. My route moves me through the store in a clockwise manner. Since breaking habits is supposed to be good for the brain, I have tried to change up the order a few times. But that left me feeling unsettled.

Between this post and Ravelry trolling, I've spent enough time to safely get off my bum and move around rigorously. I changed my password for this? Neat-o.

*Note: I have no issue when someone else makes a sandwich for me then cuts it into rectangles. I'm not one to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

No comments: